WiFi USB sticks are a fairly widespread support in the computer world and allow any user to access a WiFi access point remotely in a simple and fast way. They are easy to install and use thanks to their intuitive software.
What is a WiFi dongle?
A WiFi USB dongle (or WiFi dongle) is a device resembling a USB dongle in shape, with the difference that it allows, once connected to your computer, to receive data from a WiFi network. A WiFi network allows you to access an Internet connection remotely and without cables. Visit https://www.my-webspot.com for more about WiFi dongle.
These dongles equipped with an internal antenna are therefore extremely practical for remotely connecting a laptop that does not have built-in WiFi or a desktop computer to the Net.
They are also very easy to use. Commercially available WiFi dongles require only a USB port on your computer and an operating system compatible with the dongle in question to be functional. The price of these dongles is also very affordable.
WiFi dongles for PCs do have a drawback, however, in that their internal antenna for receiving WiFi signals is small. It is therefore necessary that the WiFi access point is not too far from the dongle if you do not want the speed of your connection to decrease.
How do I install and use a WiFi dongle?
The installation of a WiFi USB stick is slightly different from one stick to another. However, here is the standard installation procedure :
- First of all, insert the installation CD into your computer’s DVD drive, leaving your WiFi dongle unplugged for the moment.
- Then you must launch the installation program that will install the drivers necessary for the dongle to work.
- During the installation, you will be asked to insert the USB dongle into the port provided for this purpose.
- It is then necessary to activate the WiFi mode of your modem or to configure your WiFi access point.
- To finish, simply launch the previously installed software, which will offer you to choose the wireless network you wish to connect to. If your network is protected, you will then be asked to enter a WEP dongle. Enter it and the connection should then be established.